How to utilize Social Media in Job Searching
Duration 3 h – 1 day
The training focuses on how to best utilize Social Media in active job searching and how to build a personal brand to support the job search. The training consists of practical information and case examples how to best utilize these media and tools. We’ll also learn the meaning and impact of open networking in social media.
- Job searching with social media
- Channels, best practices
- Facebook and Twitter
- YouTube and Vimeo, Recruit By Net (video interviews)
- Instagram and Pinterest
- Snapchat, Periscope, etc. up and coming tools and services
- The meaning and benefits of networking in career development and job searching
- LinkedIn in short
- setting up a personal profile
- LinkedIn groups
- LinkedIn Jobs-section
- The biggest differences between social media profiles and traditional resume
LinkedIn workshop focuses on building up a LinkedIn profile and optimizing it for job search and personal branding. We’ll also get acquainted with different types of LinkedIn groups, the LinkedIn’s Jobs-section, how to apply jobs directly from LinkedIn, and how the LinkedIn’s new-ish blogging platform works.
The training is practical and attendees are expected to have registered an account with LinkedIn prior to the event to be able to follow the training properly. Attendees are not expected to have built personal profile to the service prior to the event. Depending on time limitations, the training may also introduce the hidden job market within LinkedIn.